WordPress Community Gathers for 6th Annual WordCamp Las Vegas
Event Serves to “Unite the Developer and Business Communities with WordPress”
Las Vegas (December 13, 2014) – Business owners, bloggers, designers, developers and other advocates of WordPress will gather at the Innevation Center located at 6795 Edmond Street on Saturday, Dec. 13 and Sunday, Dec. 14 to learn, discuss and network at the 6th Annual WordCamp Las Vegas.
6795 Edmond St., 3rd Floor
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118
WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. “This year’s objective is to unite the developer and business communities with WordPress,” stated Andrew DiMino, lead organizer for WordCamp Las Vegas. “We expect 200 participants in attendance and hope WordCamp becomes the platform to showcase all the local talent that lives and works right here in our valley.”
WordCamp Las Vegas will offer two tracks
- Developer/Designer Track
- User/Business Track
The non-profit event, which sold out last year, will bring together WordPress enthusiasts from across the country to share best practices and strategies for a wide variety of businesses. WordCamp Las Vegas will showcase the talent present in Southern Nevada. Local and national speakers scheduled to appear include:
- Brandon Dove, Your Guide to Site Speed Improvements
- Carrie Dils, Podcasting: Forget the Why, Let’s Talk About the How
- Chris Lema, How to Build a Brand with a Blog
- John Hawkins & Dre Armeda, Things I Wish Somebody Told Me Before I Started My Business
- John Lynn, Next Generation Monetization Opportunities with WordPress
- Joseph Herbrandson, 7 Deadly Sins of WordPress Security
- Justin Tucker, Why You Don’t Need A Framework
- Kathi Minsky, Outsourcing Options for Success with WordPress
- Kenny Eliason, SEO Speedwagon: Your Quick Start Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- Konstantin Obenland, What’s New In WordPress 4.1
- McCall Humes, Using Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your WordPress Site
- Michelle Schulp, Design is in the Details: How decisions shape communication
- Rebecca Gill, Crafting the Perfect Home Page
- Robert Gillmer, Managing Your WordPress Site with Genesis Framework
- Steve Rypka, Plugins for WordPress Success (he’s confirmed but not his session)
- Suzette Franck, 10 Features of Jetpack You Can’t Live Without
- And More To Be Announced
A complete schedule is available at https://2014.vegas.wordcamp.org. Registration is $40 for both days. To purchase tickets and for more information on WordCamp Las Vegas visit https://2014.vegas.wordcamp.org. Follow them on Facebook or follow hashtag #wclv2014 on Twitter for more news and updates.
WordCamps are casual, locally-organized, non-profit conferences covering everything related to WordPress, the free and open source content-management software that powers more than 75 million sites on the web. WordCamps come in all different flavors, based on the local communities that produce them. In Las Vegas, that means great speakers from our local community as well as experts from around the country, showcasing the talent and prestige of the Las Vegas technology and business communities.
Subscribe using the form below to stay up to date on the most recent news. We’ll be keeping you posted on all the details over the coming months, including speaker submissions, ticket sales and much, much more!